TAX AND FINANCIAL ADVISOR, CPA
TSGI is a top-tier professional services practice based in Calgary. We are a client-focused team, dedicated to assisting organizations operating in Western Canada to fund their research and development (R&D) activities. We leverage our unique combination of scientific expertise, tax and business knowledge to ensure we achieve the outcomes that propel businesses forward. With over 25 years as a thought leader in our field, our clients have confidence that our team gets the job done right, ensuring that our clients receive their full entitlements under the SR&ED (Scientific Research and Experimental Development) tax credit program. TSGI’s clients are dynamic, innovative, high technology leaders from a diverse range of industries. Our vibrant team is composed of multi-disciplinary professionals: Technology Advisors (scientists and engineers) and Tax and Financial Advisors (Chartered Professional Accountants).
As an organization, we demand the best from our employees while providing a fun and flexible work environment and a respect for work-life balance. We encourage initiative and creativity in getting the job done and are committed to the professional growth of our employees.
- The position involves scoping and preparing SR&ED Investment Tax Credit claims for clients, guiding them through the CRA audit process, and providing related tax planning advice. Developing and maintaining relationships with clients is a critical aspect of the job. This role provides a challenging environment that enables you to grow professionally.
- Knowledgeable interaction with key individuals at all levels in our diverse client base – presidents, chief financial officers, and tax managers as well as engineers and technology personnel
- Support strategic decisions by means of sound business analysis
- Liaising with accounting professionals from other firms with whom we coordinate our work
- Effectively acting on behalf of clients with tax authorities
- Drive and execute organizational and performance improvements
- Willingness to do tax research
- CPA Designated public practice experience, preferably with an emphasis on tax
- 3+ years work experience
- Detail oriented, analytical, organized and strong work ethic
- Self-motivated, results driven, able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Effective team player who can establish and build positive working relationships
- Strong command of the English language both written and verbal. Ability to communicate technical financial information with clients and other stakeholders
- Self-Managed and results-orientated with sense of ownership
- Exposure to various accounting systems and related software programs
Training will be provided within a supportive team environment. TSGI believes in continuous learning and provides a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
TSGI is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your cover letter and resume with “Tax and Financial Advisor” in the subject line. Apply to email@example.com.
Only local candidates will be considered. MUST be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
A PDF version of this posting is available here.