TAX AND FINANCIAL ADVISOR, CPA
TSGI is a top-tier professional services practice based in Calgary. Our niche services are geared toward assisting innovative organizations of all sizes throughout western Canada. Our current opening is for a Tax and Financial Advisor on our SR&ED (Scientific Research and Experimental Development) team.
Our SR&ED team supports our clients in their research and development activities by ensuring that they receive their full entitlements under the SR&ED tax credit program. Our vibrant team is composed of multi-disciplinary professionals, from chartered professional accountants to scientists and engineers. We leverage our unique combination of scientific expertise, tax and business knowledge to ensure we achieve the outcomes that propel businesses forward. With over 25 years as a thought leader in this field, our clients have confidence that our team gets the job done right. TSGI’s clients are dynamic, innovative, high technology leaders from a diverse range of industries.
As an organization, we demand the best from our employees while providing a fun and flexible work environment and a respect for work-life balance. We encourage initiative and creativity in getting the job done and are committed to the professional growth of our employees.
The position involves scoping and preparing SR&ED Investment Tax Credit claims for clients, guiding them through the CRA audit process, and providing related tax planning advice. Developing and maintaining relationships with clients is a critical aspect of the job. This role provides a challenging environment that enables you to grow professionally.
- Knowledgeable interaction with key individuals at all levels in our diverse client base – presidents, chief financial officers, and tax managers as well as engineers and technology personnel
- Support strategic decisions by means of sound business analysis
- Liaising with accounting professionals from other firms with whom we coordinate our work
- Effectively acting on behalf of clients with tax authorities
- Tax research, as required
- Coordination of service delivery with technical counterparts
- CPA designation with 3+ years public practice experience, preferably with an emphasis on tax
- Detail-oriented, analytical, organized and strong work ethic
- Self-motivated, results driven, able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Effective team player who can establish and build positive working relationships
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal, including fluent communication of technical financial information with clients and other stakeholders
- Exposure to and aptitude with various accounting systems and related software programs
Training will be provided within a supportive team environment. TSGI believes in continuous learning and provides a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
TSGI is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your cover letter and resume with “Tax and Financial Advisor” in the subject line. Apply to email@example.com.
Only local candidates will be considered. Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
A PDF version of this posting is available here.