TSGI is a top-tier professional services practice based in Calgary. Our niche services are geared toward assisting innovative organizations of all sizes throughout western Canada. Our current opening is for a Technology Advisor on our SR&ED (Scientific Research and Experimental Development) team.
Not your typical firm, our vibrant team is composed of multi-disciplinary professionals, from chartered professional accountants to scientists and engineers. We leverage our unique combination of scientific expertise, tax and business knowledge to ensure we achieve the outcomes that propel businesses forward. Our SR&ED team supports our clients in their research and development activities by ensuring that they receive their full entitlements under the SR&ED tax credit program. With over 25 years as a thought leader in this field, our clients have confidence that our team gets the job done right. TSGI’s clients are dynamic, innovative, high technology leaders from a diverse range of industries.
As an organization, we demand the best from our employees while providing a fun and flexible work environment and a respect for work-life balance. We encourage initiative and creativity in getting the job done and are committed to the professional growth of our employees.
The position involves scoping cutting-edge technology, evaluating these client initiatives for eligibility as SR&ED projects, and preparing technical reports for SR&ED Investment Tax Credit claims. In addition to the rewards of being an important player in leveraging clients’ projects, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the local science and technology landscape. Developing and maintaining relationships with clients is a critical aspect of the job. This role provides a challenging environment that enables you to grow professionally.
- Comprehend and communicate diverse scientific and technological concepts, and strategically distill these to prepare the required reporting to the Canada Revenue Agency
- Fluent interaction with key individuals at all levels in our diverse client base – presidents, chief technology officers, engineers, and technology personnel
- Support strategic decisions by applying your understanding of SR&ED eligibility requirements
- Effectively and professionally advocating on behalf of clients with tax authorities
- Coordination of service delivery with financial counterparts
- Post-graduate degree (MSc, MEng, PhD) with 3+ years work experience
- Excellent comprehension of programming, engineering and development in the software and/or telecommunications space
- Strong command of English with exceptional communication skills, including experience in scientific and/or technical writing
- Detail-oriented, analytical, organized and strong work ethic
- Self-motivated, results driven, able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Effective team player who can establish and build positive working relationships
- Keen interest in learning about new science and technology
Training will be provided within a supportive team environment. TSGI believes in continuous learning and provides a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
TSGI is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your cover letter and resume with “Technology Advisor” in the subject line. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only local candidates will be considered. Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Position description can be downloaded here: Technology Advisor posting PDF.